Can i still file an appeal even though it is late after the date

Augusta, GA |

I appealed a decision b y the review board on the 6 day of march they sent me a letter on the 6 day of march saying that i had until the 21 day of march to file

1. The appeal date was apparently March 21. If you did not file on or before that date you have 'waived" the appeal.

2. I need a little clarity about what you are asking. In the information provided, you stated you appealed a decision on March 6, 2013, and received a letter on March 6, 2013, stating you had until March 21, 2013, to file your appeal. If you appealed on March 6 then you were within the appropriate time frame of filing your appeal by March 21, 2013 and there should not be an issue regarding the timeliness of your appeal. Claimants have 15 days after the release date of a decision to file an appeal.

Did you file the appeal after March 21, 2013? Also, were you appealing a Claims Examiner's Determination (initial decision) or an Decision of the Administrative Hearing Officer (decision mailed after a hearing had been held)?

Generally speaking, claimants can file an appeal at any time after they receive a decision (even if the appeal is filed late), but that does not mean that the Georgia Department of Labor will accept the appeal as timely or review the merits of the case, unless the claimant shows he/she filed the appeal late due to circumstances beyond his/her control.

This answer is intended for general purposes only and does not constituted legal advice. This answer should in no way be taken as an indication of future results. Transmission of this information is not intended to create, and the receipt does not constitute, an attorney-client relationship between sender and receiver. You should not act or rely on any information contained in this answer without first seeking the advice of an attorney.