Can I still charge my spouse with domestic violence?

Asked over 1 year ago - Flourtown, PA

February 14th My Wife, Now Recovering Alcoholic Of 17 Days Was Arrested After Domestically Abusing Me, Being Caught With Marijuana, Kicking A Cop And A Few Lesser Offenses. I Did Not Press Charges On Her, Even Though In Retrospect I Should Have. We Are Heading For Divorce She Has Taken My Door Knob Off My Room (We Don't Sleep Together Anymore), Made Threats, Curses In Front Of Her Nine Year Old, Was Fired For Illegal Activity At Her Job Etc. I Want To Charge Her With Domestic Violence. I Fear If I Do Not She Will Only Do This To Another Person I Know The Courts Will Make Her Go To Anger Management. It Is Now April Can Still Charge Her? It Is Now April 27th Same Year As Incident

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Lidia L. Alperovich


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . If there are threats and you fear for your safety you can file a Petition for Protection from Abuse

  2. Randi Joy Silverman

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You should speak to an attorney regarding these issues as you may still be able to file a PFA if there are ongoing threats. Also, you should speak with the police to see if they are still willing to file charges against her. It is important to act immediately when these types of incidents occur.

    My response is based solely on the limited information contained in the question. It is not meant to substitute... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

27,531 answers this week

3,044 attorneys answering