Can i still attend a school tradition while on homebound?

Asked over 2 years ago - Milford, PA

Im 17 years old and I got a DUI and am now on homebound atleast until my courtdates. I know other people who have had my probation officer and he has let them have some freedoms here and there... I have a school tradition scavenger hunt for upper classmen next week and it goes from 5pm til fairly late... is there any chance he would let me go and maybe give me an early curfew? PLEASE ANSWER thank you.

also if you have any ideas on what my sentencing will be that would be great... my charges are misdermeaner dui, dui count 2, careless driving, driving on roadways laned for traffic, minor prohibited from operating with any alcohol in system, driving past curfew, transpertation of alcohol beverage... and my blood alcohol level was .143 can you tell me what you think my sentences will be? thanks for your help!

1. Michael Lawrence Doyle

Pro

1

Answered . These are serious offenses. You need an attorney for the underlying offenses. You will not be able to drive for a long time.

As to your question, the chances of you going on this "scavenger hunt" is really up to the p.o. The underlying offense should be your major concern.

Michael L. Doyle
    (215) 900-5565

2. Kenneth Joshua McCauley

2

Answered . Before you start worrying about a scavenger hunt, I STRONGLY advise you to retain an attorney to handle your pending charges. Given that you're well short of the legal drinking age, a sentencing court is likely to impose a heavy rehabilitation regimen. A local, knowledgeable attorney will be able to advise you on how to take pro-active steps in this respect.

As far as extracurricular activities go, is this scavenger hunt organized by the school you attend? Is there some sort of supervision? Does the event itself have a positive or negative image in the community? Is alcohol likely to be part of the festivities? Put simply, the more wholesome the event is, the more likely it is that you will be allowed to participate.

Please, please tell me that you've informed your parents of your arrest. The only reason I bring it up is because it sounds like you don't have an attorney, and for most people in your situation, that's a result of concealing their mistake because they don't want to disappoint their parents.

3. Ronald S. Pichlik

1

Answered . It may be possible but you need to discuss it with, and obtain permission from your probation officer. He or she pretty much has the final say.