Can i still apply for deferred action i was charged for theft in third degree?

Asked over 1 year ago - Othello, WA

i dont know if i have this in my record i just paid some fines and got electronic detention for 7 days

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Irene Vaisman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . obtain a certified criminal disposition for all of your arrests and take them to an experienced immigration attorney who understands the immigration consequences of criminal convictions

    This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  2. Michael Hugh Carlin

    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You really should consult with an experienced immigration attorney about this.

    You need to present the attorney with all court records related to the incident. The attorney will need to take a close look at all the court records, to determine whether or not you are eligible to apply.

    You need to proceed with caution here, because when you submit your application, you are informing US immigration officials of your identity, location, and criminal history. Please consult with an immigration attorney in order to prevent problems.

    (734) 369-3131. This communication does not establish and attorney-client relationship with the Law Office of... more
  3. Laura Justine Jacobson

    Contributor Level 13


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . You might still qualify, depending on the exact charge and the outcome. Definitely talk to an immigration lawyer before going forward. If you don't qualify, you are exposing yourself to the government and could have other problems.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. No client-attorney... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,023 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,023 answers this week

3,201 attorneys answering