Can i still apply for citizenship

Asked about 2 years ago - Costa Mesa, CA

what happen if i apply for citizenship and i have a shoplifting misdemeanor or felony as a juvy, do that will give me problem?

1. J Charles Ferrari

3

Answered . Any conviction can be a problem.

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

2. Grady G Gauthier

Answered . I agree with my colleague, criminal convictions can always have potential impact on any immigration benefit. Before submitting your naturalization application you should consult with an immigration attorney to make sure you will qualify and will not subject yourself to potential deportation risk.

Grady G Gauthier
    www.ggauthierlaw.com

3. Karen-Lee Pollak

1

Answered . This can have problems as it reflects on your character and is considered a crime of moral turpitude. There is an exception for a petty theft which is a misdemeanor. Consult with an attorney