Can i still apply for citizenship

Costa Mesa, CA |

what happen if i apply for citizenship and i have a shoplifting misdemeanor or felony as a juvy, do that will give me problem?

Any conviction can be a problem.

The immigration consequences of convictions depend on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

I agree with my colleague, criminal convictions can always have potential impact on any immigration benefit. Before submitting your naturalization application you should consult with an immigration attorney to make sure you will qualify and will not subject yourself to potential deportation risk.

Grady G Gauthier
www.ggauthierlaw.com

This can have problems as it reflects on your character and is considered a crime of moral turpitude. There is an exception for a petty theft which is a misdemeanor. Consult with an attorney