Skip to main content

Can i stay in the u.s. while i-130 is pending?

Chicago, IL |
Filed under: Immigration US visas

my dad is a permanent resident in the u.s.
and he want to fill an i-130 petition for me .
do i have to leave the u.s. during the processing time or i should leave ?

Attorney Answers 1


You can only stay in the U.S. if you remain in temporary visa status, prefereably in H-1B or L-1 status.

For more information, please see

Mark as helpful

7 lawyers agree

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics