Can I stay in the U . S while changing status from 1 to 1 before my program starts in August ?

Concord, CA |

i am currently an Au pair on 1 with no 2 year rule requirement and plan on changing my status to a 1 while still in the U . S but my question is : If I leave my current Au pair family to move to my new host family that while waiting for my change of status , can I stay in the U . S until the program starts ? Also , can I expedite a change of status ? my 1 expires in 2014 .

I don't know why it does not show but it is for a change from J 1 to F 1 visa

1. I think you are on J1 status, and you are trying to change to J1 as well? Or F-1? It's not clear...

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova , New York Immigration Attorney http://www.shautsova.com Blog: http://www.russianspeakinglawyerny.com

2. It is unclear what you are asking as visas in the US always start with a letter and are never a single digit. Whether you can stay in the US and change status depends on whether the filing is timely made.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.

3. I agree with my colleagues.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com