Can I stay in the U . S while changing status from 1 to 1 before my program starts in August ?

Asked over 1 year ago - Concord, CA

i am currently an Au pair on 1 with no 2 year rule requirement and plan on changing my status to a 1 while still in the U . S but my question is : If I leave my current Au pair family to move to my new host family that while waiting for my change of status , can I stay in the U . S until the program starts ? Also , can I expedite a change of status ? my 1 expires in 2014 .

I don't know why it does not show but it is for a change from J 1 to F 1 visa

1. Alena Shautsova

Pro

1

7

Answered . I think you are on J1 status, and you are trying to change to J1 as well? Or F-1? It's not clear...

2. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . It is unclear what you are asking as visas in the US always start with a letter and are never a single digit. Whether you can stay in the US and change status depends on whether the filing is timely made.

Pro

2

Answered . I agree with my colleagues.

Only 29% Contingency Fee! Phone: 215-510-6755 www.InjuryLawyerPhiladelphia.com