Skip to main content

Can I start the I-129F and I-601 waiver application here in uscis manila?

Hayward, CA |

I'm on a 10 yr. bar but me and my fiancee(a us citizen)are applying for a hardship waiver due to the hard life that she's having ever since I left last Sept.2011.As helpless as she is in doing it there in the US,can I do the application here in uscis manila,country of my origin? Do I need a lawyer to do this application or can we just do it ourselves?thank you

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


1. You have to be married to qualify for an i-601 waiver.
2. It is a very complex process and definitely requires a qualified immigration attorney.

Read more here-

Dhenu Savla
SwagatUSA, LLC


Although possible to apply for waiver on fiance visa, BUT the level of hardship will not amount to extreme. Get married and your chances are a lot more.

Reza Athari
Attorney at Law
Certified Specialist - Immigration and Nationality Law
State Bar of California - Board of Legal Specialization

Main office: Las Vegas, Nevada
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

3365 Pepper Lane, Suite 102
Las Vegas, NV 89120
Telephone: (702) 727-7777
Fax: (702) 458-8508
Toll free: (800) 565-2030

Barstow, California
Reza Athari & Associates, Pllc

309 East Mountain View Street, Suite 104
Barstow, CA 92311
Telephone: (760) 957-7220
Fax: (760) 957-7396

St. George, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

1036 East Red Hills Parkway, Suite D
St. George, UT 84770
Telephone: (435) 656-1136
Fax: (435) 656-1145

Salt Lake City, Utah
Reza Athari & Lui, Pllc

525 W 5300 S Suite 150
Murray, UT 84123
Telephone: (801) 262-LAW7
Fax: (801) 281-9603
If you have a SKYPE account, we may now video-conference or conduct a conference call on the computer from and to anywhere in the world for free. More information may be found at


Agree with Attorney Salva unless hardship is to one of your parents.

Curtis Pierce

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer