Can I start my own Rummy betting website in the United States ?

10022 |
Filed under: Gaming law

According to my research, Rummy is a game of skill, not a game of chance.
As such, it is legal to play online. H.R.4411 "Internet Gambling Enforcement Act

there are lots of online Rummy sites where you can play the game

As I answered in the other question, your research is wrong. The UIGEA does not say what you think it says, and it does not address the underlying issues of state law that will apply in this instance. Asking this question multiple times will not change the answer.

I focus my practice on (video) gaming industry, casino gambling, and complex internet law issues, electronic free speech, entertainment law, copyright and trademark law, and computer fraud. I primarily represent game developers and founders of emergent internet technologies. The author is a Maryland attorney; however no answer given on Avvo is intended as legal advice or intended to create an attorney-client relationship.

I agree with the other attorney here. It would be very imprudent for you to conclude this.

You should discuss your plans and objectives over with a lawyer in private before making any commitments here and most of us here, including myself, offer a free phone consult.

Best regards,
Natoli-Lapin, LLC
(see Disclaimer)

The law firm of Natoli-Lapin, LLC (Home of Lantern Legal Services) offers our flat-rate legal services in the areas of business law and intellectual property to entrepreneurs, small-to-medium size businesses, independent inventors and artists across the nation and abroad. 866-871-8655 DISCLAIMER: this is not intended to be specific legal advice and should not be relied upon as such. No attorney-client relationship is formed on the basis of this posting.

Gaming law topics

Recommended articles about Gaming law