Can I start an Eviction for this tenant or do I have to wait since rent has been paid until 3/1/2013?

Denver, CO |

Tenant"s 6 month Rental Lease Agreement has ended. All tenants sign a Denver Police Department Crime Free Lease Addendum. Tenant while drinking like he does almost every day, threatened a guest of an other tenant with violence and a weapon.

1. Because of the criminal violation, even without the crime free lease addendum, you would be allowed to start the eviction process immediately under Colorado law and do not have to wait until March 1, 2013. In fact, other tenants could complain if you waited that long.

The information provided in this answer does not create an attorney-client relationship. If you are interested in his legal services, feel free to call Chris at (303) 409-7635 at his law office in the Denver Tech Center. All initial consultations are free of charge.

2. Presumptively this is a violation of your lease agreement, if so, yes you can begin eviction with a notice to quit. Being current on the rent will not allow a tenant to remain in possession of your property in violation of your lease agreement.
    Be certain that you follow the correct procedure or this could significantly delay your eviction and add to your costs.
    Call me if you need help.

Donald at Robinson and Henry, PC at (303) 688-0944 or Donald@RobinsonandHenry.com. The above information is provided to you “AS IS,” does not constitute legal advice and we are not acting as your attorney. Because we do not have a full view of the facts in providing the above information we make no claims, promises or guarantees about the accuracy, completeness, or adequacy of the information contained in or linked to this web site and its associated sites. Legal advice must be tailored to the specific circumstances of each case and the information provided to you may not be an appropriate fit in your case. Nothing here is provided or should be used as a substitute for the advice of competent legal counsel. This postings is for educational and information purposes only, not legal advice or legal opinions. The information is not intended to create a lawyer-client relationship between the author and you.

3. Although I am not licensed to practice in CO the advice my colleagues in law have provide is sound.

-Michael R. Juarez Law Office of Juarez and Schaeffer PO Box 16216 San Diego, CA 92105 (619) 804-4327 www.jslaw.org Mike@jslaw.org This posting is provided for “information purposes” only and should not be relied upon as "legal advice." Nothing transmitted from this posting constitutes the establishment of an attorney-client relationship. Applicability of the legal principles discussed here may differ substantially in individual situations or in different jurisdictions.