Can I start an Eviction for this tenant or do I have to wait since rent has been paid until 3/1/2013?

Asked over 1 year ago - Denver, CO

Tenant"s 6 month Rental Lease Agreement has ended. All tenants sign a Denver Police Department Crime Free Lease Addendum. Tenant while drinking like he does almost every day, threatened a guest of an other tenant with violence and a weapon.

1. Christopher Daniel Leroi

7

Answered . Because of the criminal violation, even without the crime free lease addendum, you would be allowed to start the eviction process immediately under Colorado law and do not have to wait until March 1, 2013. In fact, other tenants could complain if you waited that long.

2. Donald Corky Eby

Pro

4

Answered . Presumptively this is a violation of your lease agreement, if so, yes you can begin eviction with a notice to quit. Being current on the rent will not allow a tenant to remain in possession of your property in violation of your lease agreement.
    Be certain that you follow the correct procedure or this could significantly delay your eviction and add to your costs.
    Call me if you need help.

3. Michael Ryan Juarez

1

Answered . Although I am not licensed to practice in CO the advice my colleagues in law have provide is sound.