Can I sponsor my mother to become a legal resident now that I turned 21 and what is the process to get it done?

I just turned 21 last December and I am looking to legalize my mother. What is the process that I have to go through in order to fulfill this?

Fresno, CA -

Attorney Answers (3)

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Tripti Sharad Sharma

Immigration Attorney - Newark, CA

Only USC can petition for parents.

This response is general in nature and cannot be construed as legal advice, given that not enough facts are known.... more
Sponsored Listing
J Charles Ferrari

J Charles Ferrari

Immigration Attorney - Los Angeles, CA

If you are a US citizen, then yes.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more
Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Samuel Patrick Ouya Maina

Immigration Attorney - San Francisco, CA

If you are a US citizen and she is abroad, you file an immigrant petition for her. If she is here you do the same and she applies for adjustment of status, assuming she is not otherwise inadmissible

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Advice

Questions? An attorney can help.

Ask a Question
Free & anonymous.
Find a Lawyer
Free. No commitment.