Can I sponsor an immigrant petition?

Asked about 2 years ago - San Antonio, TX

I want to know if someone with a Temporary green card residency status can sponsor an immigrant petition. My cousin from Ghana is married to a US citizen and both of them are not working presently, Can i sponsor the marriage application even though I have a Temporary green card Status.

1. 10

Answered . I think you mean can you sign the affidavit of support. Yes you can if you earn sufficient income.

2. 10

Answered . You seem to be asking if you can sign an affidavit of support as a "joint sponsor" and if you are a conditional, lawful permanent resident, you can.

3. 7

1

Answered . If you mean can you sign their I-864 Affidavit of Support, yes. Be aware, however, that by doing so, you assume some financial risk that your cousin's spouse will need government assistance when s/he comes to the U.S.

One or more answers have been taken down.