Can I sponsor a distant uncle for a 3 maths visit after co - sponsoring his daughter less than a year ago ?

Asked about 2 years ago - Saint Paul, MN

I co-sponsored my brother's wife from Laos. She was able to make it here and received a green card. Can I sponsor her father to visit the U.S. for their wedding? I co-sponsored her within 1 year and she currently has a green card. Will this affect me in any way or form, in terms of liability?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. 1

    Lawyer agrees


    Answered . I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York.

    Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may... more
  2. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You don't really need a 'sponsor' for a visitors visa. Are you planning to pay for his trip and stay in the US? If not, all he needs is to do is apply for a B-2 visa. The supporting documents should show strong ties to his home country and an invitation letter, wedding card, itinerary of his US visit.
    Our firm handles such matters and offers a 15 minute free consultation.

    Bindi Parikh
    (702) 492-4920

  3. 1

    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . If your income is sufficient you should be able to

    Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street,... more

Related Topics

Sponsoring an immigrant

Petitioning for, or sponsoring, an immigrant allows you to help a relative immigrate to the United States, if certain conditions are met.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

34,218 answers this week

3,831 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

34,218 answers this week

3,831 attorneys answering