Can I sponsor a distant uncle for a 3 maths visit after co - sponsoring his daughter less than a year ago ?

Saint Paul, MN |

I co-sponsored my brother's wife from Laos. She was able to make it here and received a green card. Can I sponsor her father to visit the U.S. for their wedding? I co-sponsored her within 1 year and she currently has a green card. Will this affect me in any way or form, in terms of liability?

If your income is sufficient you should be able to

Samuel Ouya Maina, Esq. 415.391.6612 Law Offices of S. Ouya Maina, PC 332 Pine Street, Suite 707 San Francisco, CA 94104

You don't really need a 'sponsor' for a visitors visa. Are you planning to pay for his trip and stay in the US? If not, all he needs is to do is apply for a B-2 visa. The supporting documents should show strong ties to his home country and an invitation letter, wedding card, itinerary of his US visit.
Our firm handles such matters and offers a 15 minute free consultation.

Bindi Parikh
(702) 492-4920

I agree with my colleagues. You should consult an experienced immigration attorney for this matter. You may schedule a consultation with an immigration lawyer in your area, my firm is handling these matters in New York.

Att. number 917-885-2261 This advice does not create an attorney client relationship. No specific legal advice may be offered by the lawyer until a conflicts check is undertaken. Information sent through a web form or via email may not be treated as confidential. Please accept my apologies for spelling mistakes. Law Office of Alena Shautsova

Recommended articles about Immigration