Skip to main content

Can I set up a payment plan for back due child support

Orlando, FL |

How fo i set up a payment plan for child support already owed?

+ Read More

Attorney answers 1


Thanks for your question. Since I am an attorney, I cannot ethically give you specific legal advice on your situation, since you are not my client, but I can only provide you with general information that you may find helpful. The best advice that I can recommend to you is to contact a local family law attorney that can work with you on your unique situation.

Generally, when support obligations are fixed by court order, the expectation is that you will remain current with the obligation on a monthly basis. If there is a private agreement that has been ratified by the Court, it is also an enforceable agreement and the expectation is that you will remain current. If you are behind in your payments, you will need to contact Florida Department of Revenue and discuss your situation with them. Florida's Child Support Enforcement Customer Service can be contacted toll free at 1-800-622-KIDS (5437) from 7:00AM to 7:00PM EST, Monday thru Friday.

The Florida Department of Revenue has administered the Child Support Enforcement Program since 1994. Department staff provide child support services in all but two Florida counties. The State Attorney’s Office provides services in Miami-Dade County. The Manatee County Clerk of Court provides services in Manatee County.

The federal government, Florida’s courts, local law enforcement, financial institutions, Florida’s employers, and a host of state agencies all play a part in the successful collection and enforcement of child support.

Best of luck to you and your family,

Shawn C. Newman, Esq.
Attorney At Law
1881 NE 26th Street, Suite 212E
Wilton Manors, FL 33305
(877) 552-9385

Child support topics

Recommended articles about Child support

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer