Can i serve defendant by serving his lawyer after the lawyer has already made 3 apearance

Brooklyn, NY |

i am suing my pardner for breach of contract there lawyer keep asking for dismisal for fefective service after 3 . the judge grant my motion to amend but am order to reserve defendant by march 30th can i just serve there lawyer. there lawyer send me a letter to derect all future commnication to his office . i have that letter

1. No. You still need to serve the defendant if you didn't have good service before.

The above answer, and any follow up comments or emails is for informational purposes only and not meant as legal advice.

2. Unless the lawyer agreed to accept service on behalf of his client, personal service will be necessary.

3. Not unless the attorney gave written authorization that he/she will accept service.

The responses provided to your questions are not legal advice, do not create any attorney client relationship, and are provided for informational purposes only.