Can I send the I-864 affidavit of support electronically?

Asked over 1 year ago - Oakland, CA

I'm an Immigrant Visa Applicant and I currently have IV case pending at the National Visa center and they last requested from me the Affidavit of Support from joint sponsor.

1. Javier G Pineda

2

Answered . It depends on your category. For example, if you are from Mexico and you are married to a US citizen your case number will begin with MEP. Those cases are processed electronically and we file all the applications and supporting documents electronically. You should have received instructions from the National Visa Center. If you file electronically, you need to take all original documents to the interview. When in doubt, consult with an experienced immigration attorney.

2. Irene Vaisman

2

Answered . you have to mail it in with supporting documents - need original signature

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.
  3. F. J. Capriotti III

2

Answered . You will note that you have gotten two different responses from my colleagues.

This is because the there is no one-way to file electronically.

Are you talking about filling in a form online? Are you talking about scanning and e-mailing forms? Are you talking about scanning & uploading forms?

The answer to your question is quite simple .... do exactly as instructed to do by the NVC ... don't try to do anything different from what they tell you to do.