Can I send in supplemental documents for my I-130?

Asked 12 months ago - Honolulu, HI

My husband and I submitted our I-130 with a concurrent I-485 last week with our "temporary" marriage certificate, which is valid through October 2013. The State of Hawaii is notoriously slow to issue official marriage certificates and it can take up to 120 days to receive. Therefore they issue the temporary certificate within two days of the ceremony and you have to wait for the permanent certificate. Because of that, we submitted the temporary certificate with the I-130 application. However, we just received the official marriage certificate in the mail! Should we send a copy to USCIS or wait to see if they request it? Or take it to our interview?

1. Carl Michael Shusterman

Pro

11

Answered . Bring it to your interview.

Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

---------
    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    https://shusterman.com/intake-secure.html
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
    www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

2. J Charles Ferrari

4

Answered . You bring it to the interview, unless USCIS issues a request for evidence for it, in which case you submit it in response to that request.

You should retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case. You can find one through http://www.ailalawyer.com.

3. Wendy Rebecca Barlow

3

Answered . You will need to bring both original certificates to the interview. You will submit a copy at the interview unless USCIS sends you a request for additional evidence.

4. James P. Gagel

Answered . Best to wait.