Can I Send Divorce Papers Via Certified Mail To His Current Address With A Return Envelope & What Papers Need To Be Included?

Asked about 2 years ago - Austin, TX

I live in a different state than my ex and was able to get an address for him and would like to just send the papers certified mail so he has to sign for them and send them back, in the envelope I have a copy of the petition as well as a waiver of service and the respondent answer papers should I include anything else

1. 2

1

Best Answer

Answered . I agree with Attorney Moore. If you guys can agree and not contest this divorce, this course of action will be fine. You may consider including a copy of a divorce decree or you can send that at a later date. Just a petition and a waiver of citation/entry of appearance are all that is needed in the immediate time.

Keep in mind that if he refuses to sign, you may need to have him served with process.

2. 3

1

Answered . That ought to be enough. Make sure the suit for divorce has been filed before you send the copy of the petition and the waiver