Can I send another Schedule of Assets and Debts to be completed with my form interrogatories and production request set 2?

Oakdale, CA |
Filed under: Lawsuits and disputes

I am in pro per in adivorce litigation in California and am needing to send a second request for production of docs and form interrogatories to my spouses attorney. Do I or should I also include another schedule of assets and debts?

The Form Interrogatories includes a request for the other party's Schedule of Assets and Debts. Check the box, provide a blank form, and you will receive an updated Schedule of Assets and Debts, along with all the attachments it requires (assuming it is completed properly). In my practice, having a properly completed Schedule of Assets and Debts informs the way I choose to litigate a case. It is vital to any settlement negotiations as well.

Also, make sure your document production request isn't duplicative; otherwise, you may face objections from the opposing counsel. Be prepared.

Don't simply propound discovery without having a well-thought out rationale in place which guides your discovery plan. Good luck to you.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Good Answer" button at the bottom of this answer. By answering this question, the Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not intend to form an attorney-client relationship with the asking party. The answers posted on this website should not be construed as legal advice. The Law Offices of Cathleen E. Norton does not make any representations about your family law matter, but rather, seeks to provide general information to the public about family-law related matters. You should consult with an attorney to discuss the specific facts of your case. Thank you.

2. If you are updating discovery then yes.

IF YOU FOUND THIS ANSWER "Helpful" or " The Best Answer" YOU CAN THANK ATTORNEY RADDATZ BY MARKING IT SO because Avvo awards the attorney points. MS. RADDATZ is donating her time and talent by answering questions to help those in need of legal information. This is NOT a consultation and in no way creates an attorney-client relationship. YOU SHOULD ALWAYS PERSONALLY CONSULT WITH AN ATTORNEY IN YOUR LOCAL AREA who has specific expertise in the area of law you are asking about.

3. Have the assets and debts changed? Was the first schedule incomplete? If you’re asking for the same information already provided, the request would be objectionable. BUT it won’t hurt you to just ask and see what you get.

Best of luck to you.

Attorney Rebekah Ryan Main – visit us on the web at www.Main-Law.com or call 909-891-0906 to set up a consultation.

If you found this answer helpful, let me know by clicking the "Mark as Helpful" button at the bottom of this answer. It’s easy and appreciated.

This response is intended to be a general statement of law, should not be relied upon as legal advice, does not create an attorney/client relationship and does not create a right to continuing email exchanges.