Can I self sponsor myself on I-134 (Affidavit of support)?

New York, NY |

I have enough funds to support myself for a temporary visit to US. I don't know anyone in US. Can I self sponsor myself on I 134? I read on the internet either sponsor or applicant has to show enough finances to support in the US.

It is unclear why you are completing an I-134. We would need to know what type of visa you are applying for to answer.

Parole Document for emergent situation

Not for a visa

Wendy Renee Whitt

Wendy Renee Whitt

If you are outside of the U.S., you can self-sponsor yourself for humanitarian parole purposes if you have sufficient funds.

So Can I self sponsor on I 134?

If you're applying for a visitor visa and are trying to show yourself financially stable, you don't have to fill out the I-134. You can being bank statements in your name to show balances as proof.

The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at www.tunitskylaw.com. Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at veronica@tunitskylaw.com. Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

I'm applying for an advanced parole document not for a visa.

Veronica Tunitsky

Veronica Tunitsky

Advanced parole based on what underlying status?

I have a hearing within next 40 days at the Law Judges in Washington, US consulate rejected the Visitor Visa, B1/B2 visa is just for the vacation. It's an advanced parole document for a person outside the US for an emergent situation.

I agree

Please click the link below for additional information.

---------
Carl Shusterman, Esq.
Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
Los Angeles, CA 90017
(213) 394-4554 x0
Web: www.shusterman.com (English)
www.inmigracion-abogado.com (Spanish)

(213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Recommended articles about Immigration