Skip to main content

Can I self sponsor myself on I-134 (Affidavit of support)?

10018 |

I have enough funds to support myself for a temporary visit to US. I don't know anyone in US. Can I self sponsor myself on I 134? I read on the internet either sponsor or applicant has to show enough finances to support in the US.

Attorney Answers 3

  1. It is unclear why you are completing an I-134. We would need to know what type of visa you are applying for to answer.

  2. If you're applying for a visitor visa and are trying to show yourself financially stable, you don't have to fill out the I-134. You can being bank statements in your name to show balances as proof.

    The information offered is general in nature and not meant to be relied upon as legal advice. Please consult an attorney prior to making legal decisions. Visit us at Contact us at 713.335.5505 or email at Veronica Tunitsky offers in-person, as well as telephone and email consultations.

  3. I agree

    Please click the link below for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Subscribe to our Free Immigration Newsletter
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Employment topics

Top tips from attorneys

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics