Can I seek a lawyer for back/nerve/hip pain post delivery with epidural complications?

Las Vegas, NV |

I asked for something to calm my nerves prior to the epidural which was given but Dr did not wait for it to work. I feel that the epidural was placed too low but would not know this without seeing my records. When the epidural was placed a nerve was hit and the Dr said that I had jumped, I only jerked when he hit something. I felt a tense pain down my leg. It stopped working when I got to a 6 so I asked for more meds but they kept saying that he was busy.Ever since then I have had hip pain, trouble walking, trouble sleeping, my right leg and left foot randomly go numb. Also I can not sit nor stand for long periods of time I will get intense pain in my lower back. One day I had to wait an hour for my husband to get home to help me get up out of a chair while holding a infant with a toddler.

1. Yes, you could seek a lawyer. However, in Nevada Med. Mal. has a cap and is very costly to prove because you have to hire experts to testify in your behalf. I would suggest you go see a nerve Dr. and see if you have any form of permanent nerve damage and if you do then I would seek the advice of a Med. Mal. lawyer.

2. As Mr. Palmer has stated, medical Malpractice cases are very difficult to win in Nevada. You will need to retain a doctor as a medical expert to render an opinion that the hospital, doctor or other medical provider provided services that were not up to the relevant standard of care. I know of at least two doctors in Las Vegas who are also lawyers and represent victims of medical malpractice. They also happen to be OB/Gyns and could give you a fair review of your case before the need to pay the costs to retain an expert.

Hope this helps.

/s Donald Kudler
    /s http://www.capandkudler.com

This answer does not create an attorney client relationship and does not constitute legal advice, but is solely the opinion of a Nevada Attorney.