Can I safely travel with advanced parole under my approved DACA case and be allowed to enter the US?

Asked about 2 years ago - Kearny, NJ

I have just been approved by DACA and have also received my work permit. I have been in this country out of status for 21 years. If I apply for advanced parole and am approved can I safely return to the US after my travel without being held to the 3/10 year bar?

1. Eric M. Mark

Pro

1

Answered . If you receive advanced parole, you should be OK. However, receiving advanced parole will requires a good reason, and you had better be sure your trip overseas is worth the risk of not be allowed to enter. There is no guarantee you will be allowed to enter and no guarantee your entry would be smooth.

2. Deborah Lynne Karapetian

1

Answered . I agree. Very risky..... But congrats on your approval!

3. J Charles Ferrari

1

Answered . Not without substantial risk.

4. Veronica Tunitsky

1

Answered . Definitely not without risk