Skip to main content

Can I run online shop from California if I am a Canadian citizen under TN status living in California?

Santa Monica, CA |

I am a Canadian citizen - from Quebec (Under TN status) based in California. I wish to sell artwork that I will print and ship from California. I will declare revenu to Canada, Quebec, California and Federal States.
My question is: Is that legal? If not - what would be a possible way to make it work.

Attorney Answers 1


You may qualify for an E2 visa which may allow you to do both jobs. You need a consultation to discuss details re your TN position and possible US business. TNs are employer specific and don't allow self employment.

Due to the nature of this forum, Attorney Maria J. Marty does not have all the information required to provide legal advice. Accordingly, her responses on Avvo are intended as general and not legal advice.

Mark as helpful

1 found this helpful

Immigration topics

Recommended articles about Immigration

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics