Can I revoke my wife's h4 visa. ...

Glendale, CA |

She got stamping till 2015 june. She is going to India this month. She is harassing me a lot. We have a kid too.please help.

If you obtain a divorce, your wife would no longer be entitled to H-4 status.

Please note that this posting does not constitute legal advice or create any attorney-client relationship with the inquirer. Avvo is a useful forum to obtain general information on legal issues, but is not a substitute for direct, confidential consultation with an attorney in any legal matter.

H 4 is a dependent visa, and your wife only become eligible because of your status as H 1B. The only way she will lose it is if she is no longer your wife.

Venessa Masterson

Venessa Masterson

You can also try contacting the U.S. Consulate which issued the visa and tell them you don't want to sponsor her anymore as it is possible for the Consulate to rescind her visa. If she is really that bothersome, you can always try.

If you file for divorce, her H4 visa will not be valid anymore as she would no longer be considered your spouse/immediate relative. However, you should consider the impact on your child and parenting before you do anything. Consult with an immigration attorney for best results directly.

Gunda J. Brost Brost Law Office This advice does not form an attorney-client relationship and is merely informative. It should not by itself be relied upon to address a legal concern.

Recommended articles about Immigration