Can I revoke my half sisters power of attorney in north carolina?

Weaverville, NC |

at the same time I went through a separation and house foreclosure,I heard my half sister and mother were trying to contact me through my dad.it was april 2011.my half sister was living with my mother and my mom ended up at the hospital diagnosed with malnutrition and dehydration,and end stage kidney disease.my mother is 87 and is not incapacitated,but has trouble remembering names and times of day.she had started calling 911 looking for food back in april when she was taken to the hospital.my half sister wanted me to hide her in georgia before an incompetency hearing could be held.I offered to come live with her and take care of her.my sister told me she didnt want anything more to do with my mom,because she hated her.she hasnt come over since i got here in 06/11 and took over moms money

1. If your mom is legally incompent to draft a new POA, then you have to petition the court to become her legal guardian. Also, you should demand a complete and full accounting from your sister for her actions while serving as POA. You need an estates/probate litigation attorney. You need to move on this immediately if you hope to recover any monies from your sister and stop her from creating more damage and looting of assets entrusted to her.

Hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below and/or designate my answer as best answer. Thanks.
    Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is

LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is sjfpc@comcast.net , his website is www.sjfpc.com. and his blog is <http://frommtaxes.wordpress.com/> Mr. Fromm is ethically required to state that the response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/ client relationship. Also, there are no recognized legal specialties under Pennsylvania law. Any references to a trust, estate or tax lawyer refer only to the fact that Mr. Fromm limits his practice to these areas of the law. These responses are only in the form of legal education and are intended to only provide general information about the matter within the question. Oftentimes the question does not include significant and important facts and timelines that if known could significantly change the reply or make such reply unsuitable. Mr. Fromm strongly advises the questioner to confer with an attorney in their state in order to ensure proper advice is received. By using this site you understand and agree that there is no attorney client relationship or confidentiality between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices in the subject area in your jurisdiction, who is familiar with your specific facts and all of the circumstances and with whom you have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question or omitted from the question. Circular 230 Disclaimer - Any information in this comment may not be used to eliminate or reduce penalties by the IRS or any other governmental agency.

Wills and estates topics