Can I revoke my half sisters power of attorney in north carolina?

Asked about 3 years ago - Weaverville, NC

at the same time I went through a separation and house foreclosure,I heard my half sister and mother were trying to contact me through my was april half sister was living with my mother and my mom ended up at the hospital diagnosed with malnutrition and dehydration,and end stage kidney mother is 87 and is not incapacitated,but has trouble remembering names and times of day.she had started calling 911 looking for food back in april when she was taken to the half sister wanted me to hide her in georgia before an incompetency hearing could be held.I offered to come live with her and take care of sister told me she didnt want anything more to do with my mom,because she hated her.she hasnt come over since i got here in 06/11 and took over moms money

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Steven J. Fromm

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . If your mom is legally incompent to draft a new POA, then you have to petition the court to become her legal guardian. Also, you should demand a complete and full accounting from your sister for her actions while serving as POA. You need an estates/probate litigation attorney. You need to move on this immediately if you hope to recover any monies from your sister and stop her from creating more damage and looting of assets entrusted to her.

    Hope this helps. If you think this post was helpful, please check the thumbs up (helpful) tab below and/or designate my answer as best answer. Thanks.
    Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia and Montgomery Counties. He is authorized to handle IRS matters throughout the United States. His phone number is 215-735-2336 or his email address is , his website is and his blog is

    LEGAL DISCLAIMER Mr. Fromm is licensed to practice law throughout the state of PA with offices in Philadelphia... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

30,728 answers this week

3,306 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

30,728 answers this week

3,306 attorneys answering