Can I return a new car after purchase within 72 hours in the state of Ohio?

Asked over 4 years ago - Grafton, OH

I was told something different than what was written in the paper work. Realized this upon close scrutiny when I was at home.

1. Michael Joseph Brandabur

Pro

Answered . No. The 3 day rule only applies to Home Sales solicitations. The exception would be if the dealership drove the car to your house and enticed you into buying it while there. The 3 day return rule was designed to cover door to door sales. Coverage in other areas is something of an urban legend. You may want to try and work something out with the dealer or your lender. Finally, you may wish to consult with an attorney to see if some sort of deceptive sales practices act violation occurred that would help you out.

Hope this helps,

Michael Brandabur

NOTE: This answer is made available by the lawyer for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site should not be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed professional attorney that practices in the subject practice discipline and with whom you have an atttorney client relationship along with all the privileges that relationship provides. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question.