Can i retrieve 8000.00 dollars in taxes taken by irs for 2005-2007 i was homeless. preparer lied about something. can i sue?

Bronx, NY |

2005 i was released from prison ended up homeless. 2007 i met a chilean woman and married she applied for citizenship and took me, to a consultant doing process for citizenship where he stated i would need to file taxes i owed for doing handyman jobs off/on in 2006. i stated i never worked and didn't know how. he submitted tax forms and 90 days later i was homeless again. seperated from this woman whom legally im still married to and went to shelter and found work! now unemployed. but, taxes for 2011 were taken and taxes for 2012 also almost 8000.00, i have a child 8mos. old and need my funds. a friend said i should report it i just don't know to whom. i have called irs and they offer payment plans not looking into situation and i still owe. please, help me. thank you in advance.

If you think that a false return was filed in your name call the local IRS Taxpayer Assistance Office. Other than that, it will be difficult, if not impossible, to do something now for years that are so long ago. The statute of limitations has expired on those years.

Recommended articles about Bankruptcy and debt