Can I resign with my current employer and join the new employer with the H1b Transfer FedEx Receipt number?

Asked 3 months ago - Charlotte, NC

I am currently on a H1b with company A working for Client X. I got an offer for a full time role with Company B where I would be working for their Client Y. The new employer has initiated my H1b transfer under Regular processing category and I wanted to change the regular processing to premium processing. As the packet has already been delivered to the USCIS under processing, the new employer Company B promised to transfer to premium as soon as he receives the EAC number. Now my questions are -
1. Is it a valid option to quit my current employer based on the FedEx Receipt I received or should I wait for the EAC receipt number to be generated.
2. If I need to wait for the EAC number, then how long will it take for the number to be generated and sent over to me.

1. P. Mercer Cauley

Pro

1

1

Best Answer

Answered . I would recommend you wait until you have the receipt notice from USCIS before you quit. Once you have the receipt notice, you know everything have been filed and you are free to begin employment with the new company under current immigration procedure.

2. Robert Louis Brown

Pro

2

1

Answered . You may change once the application has been filed. Placing the application in the mail (Fed Ex) is not filed.