Can I reside within the US legally?

Asked 10 months ago - Beverly, MA

I arrived in the US when I was 3 and have stayed here until I was 17. Unwillingly, in December 2008 I left the country with my family and was forced to drop out of high school and obtain a GED. While in my home country I had to wait until I was 18 to finally leave and I did in 2010 (weeks before my 19th birthday) I joined a nanny program and was awaiting a family to match. I dropped out of the program due to the abuse/neglect. Now I'm with a family I found on my own. I'm 22 years old and I'm trying to get a Diploma in college but due to my lack of legal papers, I cannot. I don't speak my language of origin and its nearly I'm possible to do so at a college based level. While in my country the only job that was do able was an ESL teacher. I have no future there. Is there ANYTHING I can do?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Carl Michael Shusterman


    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney in order to explore your options.

    Please see

    Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration experience. His response... more
  2. Gregory Romanovsky

    Contributor Level 10


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . There may be ways to help you, but I would need much more information to be able to give you any specific advice.

    Gregory Romanovsky, Esq.
    12 Marshall Street
    Boston, MA 02108

  3. Aneliya M. Angelova


    Contributor Level 18


    Lawyer agrees

    Answered . As Mr. Shusterman suggested, you would benefit from a consultation with an immigration lawyer. I am sorry but your situation is too complex to evalaute on a forum like this.

    This answer is for informational purposes only and should not be construed as legal advice.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

31,717 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

31,717 answers this week

3,188 attorneys answering