Can I request to read my employer's response to my appeal regarding my unemployment benefits ahead of the hearing ?

Asked 6 months ago - Sherman Oaks, CA

Will he be responding at all or just be notified about the hearing ?
Can he request to read my appeal letter, which is quite specific ,before the hearing ?

1. Michael Robert Kirschbaum

2

Best Answer

Answered . Yes, in fact, I would advise you to contact the appeals office as soon as a hearing date is scheduled and ask them to send you a copy of the entire file. If there is not enough time to send it to you, go to the appeals office and ask for a copy. You can get the file before the hearing, which will help you be better prepared.

2. Daniel Michael Holzman

Pro

2

1

Answered . Right before the hearing you will be able to review the entire file, including your former employer's response. Best of luck.

3. Jonathan Aaron Weinman

Pro

Answered . The file is available to be reviewed by both sides prior to the hearing. Good luck.