Can I request to read my employer's response to my appeal regarding my unemployment benefits ahead of the hearing ?

Sherman Oaks, CA |

Will he be responding at all or just be notified about the hearing ?
Can he request to read my appeal letter, which is quite specific ,before the hearing ?

Yes, in fact, I would advise you to contact the appeals office as soon as a hearing date is scheduled and ask them to send you a copy of the entire file. If there is not enough time to send it to you, go to the appeals office and ask for a copy. You can get the file before the hearing, which will help you be better prepared.

They say you get what you pay for, and this response is free, so take it for what it is worth. This is my opinion based on very limited information. My opinion should not be taken as legal advice. For true advice, we would require a confidential consultation where I would ask you questions and get your complete story. This is a public forum, so remember, nothing here is confidential. Nor am I your attorney. I do not know who you are and you have not hired me to provide any legal service. To do so would require us to meet and sign written retainer agreement. My responses are intended for general information only.

Right before the hearing you will be able to review the entire file, including your former employer's response. Best of luck.

The file is available to be reviewed by both sides prior to the hearing. Good luck.

Recommended articles about Employment