Skip to main content

Can I request that my ex husbands Girlfriend not be around my daughter?

Corpus Christi, TX |

I currently have a custody agreement with my ex husband for our daughter, arrangements where processed with the help of the child support general in Texas. Currently we have an arrangement that my ex husband visitation be Every 1st,3rd and 5th weekend ... (friday-sun 6pm-6pm) and every other thursday. ... However we work outside that schedule. I recently learned through my ex that he hit his gf and she is threatening to put him in jail. I am concerned that he hit her and I do not want my daughter around a violent relationship. My ex husband and his Girlfriend do not live together, but he my daughters father) is getting a home next month. I am afraid that she will be around and that my daughter will witness some violence and be around violence. My daughter is 2 years old. What to do?

I have saved text from him saying he hit his gf

+ Read More

Attorney answers 3


Hire a local family lawyer to work with you to modify the possession order.


If you suspect and have tangible evidence of family violence, contact a family attorney to modify your ex's access to be supervised. If you have notice or knowledge of dad's propensity for violence and do not act to protect your two-year old, this could result in a CPS referral. However, prior to modification, do your homework and find out whether there is a protective order, police intervention between girlfriend and your ex, or whether there are any other convictions for family violence by dad.


It is interesting that you titled your question that you do not want your daughter to be around the girlfriend. The concern should be that your daughter is around an apparently abusive father.

I agree you should hire a local attorney to advise you on how to move forward.

Child custody topics

Recommended articles about Child custody

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer