Can I request supervised visits?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sussex, NJ

I have had custody of my two nieces for almost two years now. They do not want to see there parents at all. There ages are 14 and 13. They are requesting visits and I do not want them to visit with them due to ongoing drug problems. The girls want them drug tested and to pass the tests before they even consider visiting with their parents. What would I need to do about this?

1. Anthony J Van Zwaren

Pro

5

1

Answered . Although I would suggest making an appointment with an attorney before making a final decision, my initial opinion is that you do not need to offer the parents the right to visit, especially in light of the statements of the children. If they wish to pursue it, let them go to court.

2. Yolanda Navarrete

3

Best Answer

Answered . If parents file for parenting time (in court) you may certainly request supervised visits as well as drug testing.

3. Lee Alan Thompson

4

Answered . You could but you need to be sure of why you're doing it. If you have evidence of a drugs that's one thing. What I don't understand here is why are a 13 yo and 14 yo calling all the shots. I think there will be visitation and I believe these two kids should be getting some family counseling.