Can I request supervised visits?

Asked about 1 year ago - Sussex, NJ

I have had custody of my two nieces for almost two years now. They do not want to see there parents at all. There ages are 14 and 13. They are requesting visits and I do not want them to visit with them due to ongoing drug problems. The girls want them drug tested and to pass the tests before they even consider visiting with their parents. What would I need to do about this?

Attorney answers (3)

  1. Anthony J Van Zwaren


    Contributor Level 15


    Lawyers agree


    Answered . Although I would suggest making an appointment with an attorney before making a final decision, my initial opinion is that you do not need to offer the parents the right to visit, especially in light of the statements of the children. If they wish to pursue it, let them go to court.

    DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you... more
  2. Yolanda Navarrete

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Best Answer
    chosen by asker

    Answered . If parents file for parenting time (in court) you may certainly request supervised visits as well as drug testing.

    973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely... more
  3. Lee Alan Thompson

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You could but you need to be sure of why you're doing it. If you have evidence of a drugs that's one thing. What I don't understand here is why are a 13 yo and 14 yo calling all the shots. I think there will be visitation and I believe these two kids should be getting some family counseling.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,460 answers this week

2,992 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,460 answers this week

2,992 attorneys answering