Can I request supervised visits?

Sussex, NJ |

I have had custody of my two nieces for almost two years now. They do not want to see there parents at all. There ages are 14 and 13. They are requesting visits and I do not want them to visit with them due to ongoing drug problems. The girls want them drug tested and to pass the tests before they even consider visiting with their parents. What would I need to do about this?

If parents file for parenting time (in court) you may certainly request supervised visits as well as drug testing.

973-984-0800. Please be advised my answers to questions does not constitute legal advice and you should not rely on it, due to the fact that we have never met, I have not been aprised of the facts in you case nor have I reviewed any documents.

Although I would suggest making an appointment with an attorney before making a final decision, my initial opinion is that you do not need to offer the parents the right to visit, especially in light of the statements of the children. If they wish to pursue it, let them go to court.

DISCLAIMER: This communication does not create an attorney-client relationship and is not legal advice unless you have entered into a fee agreement with the Law Office of Anthony J. Van Zwaren, P.C. and have paid the required fees. The information contained in this email may be privileged. Dissemination, distribution or copying of this e-mail or the information contained within it by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete this message and any attachments from your system and notify us.

You could but you need to be sure of why you're doing it. If you have evidence of a drugs that's one thing. What I don't understand here is why are a 13 yo and 14 yo calling all the shots. I think there will be visitation and I believe these two kids should be getting some family counseling.

Recommended articles about Family law