Can I request production of documents pertaining to a partnership from the other partner?

Asked over 1 year ago - Van Nuys, CA

I added a new cross-defendants, the other partner and the partnership to my amend cross-complaint. Plaintiff had produced some copies of documents that were handled and signed by him only and not the other partner.
(1) Can I request the new cross-defendant to produce few specific original documents that had been produced by plaintiff.
(2) Can I request telephone record of the partnership from the other partner?

Attorney answers (1)

  1. Isileli Tupou Manaia Mataele

    Contributor Level 19

    Answered . 1- Yes
    2- You can ask but they are not in their possession and may not have to produce them unless readily accessible. You can't subpoena the phone company either because their privileged.

    This is not a comprehensive answer and it is impossible to provide a meaningful response without a consultation.... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

28,073 answers this week

3,379 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

28,073 answers this week

3,379 attorneys answering