Skip to main content

Can I request legal fees for writ of partition?

Alexandria, VA |

I believe I need to file a writ of partition on my deceased Father's house . Three of us want to sell , and the fourth has moved into the property and refuses to leave . The two siblings that want to sell have left me to do the partition . I am co - executor with one of them . I have read that it can be quite expensive to file . Can I request legal fees be deducted from the auction ?

Attorney Answers 1


You need to consult with an attorney who can advise you about the specifics of your case. There may be more than one course of action available to you, and you need to know what your options are as well as what the costs may be. The legal fees could be shared among the three of you that agree.

Mark as helpful

1 lawyer agrees

Wills and estates topics

Recommended articles about Wills and estates

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer

Browse all legal topics