Can I request for an earlier oath ceremony date?

Flushing, NY |

My interview is at the end of this month, but I just made an appointment on info pass because I am traveling soon. I am afraid that I will not get my passport in time for my trip because I don't know when my oath ceremony will be if I pass the interview. Is is okay to ask at the info pass appointment if I can get an expedited oath date?

I am traveling in January. Only issue is that I need to get the visa which might take 4-6 weeks

The oath will not be scheduled until after you pass your N-400 interview. You can ask at your infopass appointment to expedite scheduling of your N-400 interview. What is so important that you wait to travel until after you become a naturalized U.S. Citizen.? and get a passport? This is not a good idea to me. Hope this helps. Wishing you well.

This communication does not create an attorney client relationship. If I can be of further assistance, please feel free to contact me at any time at either (770)955-1785 or (678)576-9394 or via e-mail at bob@bobbeer.com. THINK IMMIGRATION - THINK BOB BEER

I would send a written request to the USCIS office where your naturalization interview is scheduled, explaining the reason for your need to expedite the oath ceremony. I have had an oath ceremony scheduled the same day as the interview at the New York USCIS office.

This is general information only. It is not intended as a substitute for legal advice, and does not create an attorney-client relationship.

Trip without special needs would not change a date for your interview, in Queens if interview is successful, you get oath on the same day.

The above is intended as general information only and cannot be relied upon as legal advice. Laws change constantly and vary from state to state. The legal principals discussed may differ substantially from your personal situation. Therefore You should consult an attorney about your particular situation. (212)880-1538 Law Offices of Tsirina Goroshit is a Full Service Immigration Law Office, at 275 Madison Avenue, 4th Floor New York, NY 10016