Can i request a pro bono lawyer from the court in Miami for a civil education /discrimination type case?

Asked over 1 year ago - Miami, FL


Attorney answers (3)

  1. Jeffrey B. Lampert


    Contributor Level 19


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . There is no entitlement to free legal representation in a civil matter. You should check with the Miami-Dade Legal Aid Society to see if perhaps they will have an attorney or referral program that could assist you.

    I hope you found this response to be of assistance. This response shall not be considered the rendering of... more
  2. Eugene P. Castagliuolo

    Contributor Level 16


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . In a word, no. Sorry!

    My responses to questions posted on are NOT legal advice because I am NOT your lawyer, you are NOT my... more
  3. Rixon Charles Rafter III

    Contributor Level 20


    Lawyers agree

    Answered . You cannot get a court appointed attorney.

    You MAY be able to find a pro bono attorney if you call legal aid in your area, or call your state bar association and request a referral.

    FYI, most attorneys do not do pro bono, just like most barbers don't do free haircuts and most auto mechanics don't do free repairs. Some attorneys do pro bono for important causes, high visibility cases, oimportant legal matters.

    NOT LEGAL ADVICE. FOR EDUCATION AND INFORMATION ONLY. Mr. Rafter is licensed to practice in the Commonwealth of... more

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

29,176 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

29,176 answers this week

3,158 attorneys answering