Can I request a continuance for a dui dmv first hearing?

Asked over 1 year ago - Golden, CO

I just need a little more time to get the money together to hire a attorney. I'm also from out of state, Minnesota and the dui happened in Colorado. I already requested a continuance for the regular criminal court case. Back in Minnesota we only have one hearing. What would your recommendations be? thank you

1. Rhidian David Watson Orr

4

Answered . You cannot extend or continue your DMV hearing past 60 days from the date you requested the hearing. The DMV is a one-time, one shot opportunity to fight against the revocation of your driving privileges.

You need to find a way to hire representation or be prepared to represent yourself at the DMV hearing.

2. Brandon Uriah Luna

Pro

2

Answered . Golden:

Mr. Orr, who answered your question earlier, is an excellent option at attorney. I met him while a Deputy District Attorney in Weld County. He was one of the most knowledgeable DUI defense attorneys in the area.

Brandon

3. James C Forslund

1

Answered . Get a lawyer ASAP.