Skip to main content

Can i reopen my car accident case even if i signed off on it 2 years ago.

Mount Orab, OH |

I'am in alot of pain and i'am still under my doctors care.

+ Read More

Attorney answers 4



Personal injury cases only; I'm good at it; you be the Judge! All information provided is for informational and educational purposes only. No attorney client relationship has been formed or should be inferred. Please speak with a local and qualified attorney. I truly wish you and those close to you all the best. Jeff

Jeffrey Mark Adams

Jeffrey Mark Adams


They can't ask you to return the money and you can't ask them for more.


If your accident was more that two years ago, no. If it was less than two years there may be a very very slight chance. You would need to prove that the insurance took advantage of you. You would need to return whatever money they gave you and file a lawsuit immediately. I have had some success doing this but it is very difficult and the chance of success is minimal.


In all likelihood, the answer is no. You might want to speak to a local attorney just to make sure, but I think the odds are very much against you.

This post is for information purposes only and does not constitute legal advice, nor does it establish an attorney client relationship with Mr. Cassara.


Have a lawyer look at a copy of the release

Get Avvo’s 3-part personal injury email series

A roundup of the best tips and legal advice.

Personal injury topics

Recommended articles about Personal injury

What others are asking

Can't find what you're looking for?

Post a free question on our public forum.

Ask a Question

- or -

Search for lawyers by reviews and ratings.

Find a Lawyer