Can I reopen an assault and battery case, which was dismissed, upon new evidence? I live in Virginia.

Asked almost 4 years ago - Newport News, VA

When the Judge dismissed the case he stated "not everyone is telling the truth, but neither of these people need a criminal record." This was an assault and battery case with cross warrants, and now that I have new evidence I would like to reapproach the court with the new evidence. The court date was April 2010 and I did not file an appeal. Do I have any recourse now?

1. Michael Jonathan Wartko

Answered . I'm not sure why you would want to re-open the case if it was dismissed and you recieved no criminal charges. You would need to provide more information, as to why you would want to do this.