Can i rent out my hud home if i am moving out of town?

Asked almost 2 years ago - California, San Bernardino, CA

Just bought a HUD house few months back and it suppose to be owner occupied. now i am moving to another state for school, can i rent out the HUD property. its fully paid for by cash.

1. Answered . I am a bit unclear about your reference to a "HUD" house. If you bought the house under a program with a certain amount of financing or with a price based on certain agreements that you made, i.e. an agreement that the property would be your home, then you may be in violation of the purchase agreement. I recommend you consult with a real estate attorney as soon as possible.