Can I renew my passport, after I get DACA?

Boston, MA |

HELLO, I was granted DACA (deferred action) in 2013. my Q is can I renew my passport, which expired 6 years ago. It has my first name right and my second name spelled wrong. Now with having DACA will I be able to renew it.

I do understand passport is issued thru government, But when i called they said you need a valid id for renewal. And My Question is it okay if my DACA has different last name and my passport has a different. WILL i be able renew my passport? or can i get a new passport even thou i live overseas.

You can renew your passport, but don't travel outside the US unless you get "advance parole".

Mr. Shusterman's (former INS Trial Attorney, 1976-82) response to your question is general in nature, as not all the facts are known to him. You should retain an attorney experienced in immigration law to review all the facts in your case in order to receive advice specific to your case. Mr. Shusterman's statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship.

Passport? How should we know? Ask the consulate. This is not a US immigration law question. It is question of the law of your country. However, event that detail you failed to mention.

The information contained in this answer is provided for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice on any subject matter,not should it be viewed as establishing an attorney client relationship of any kind.

The passport is issued by your government. DACA isn't really relevant to whether or not they can give you a new passport. If you meet the requirements for renewal then yes. They are more likely to focus on your birth certificate.

Recommended articles about Immigration