Can I renew my Green Card though I have a misdemeanor (SCS 4)?

Ann Arbor, MI |

none

I am married to an American citizen.

Have a local immigration lawyer review your conviction so you can receive proper advice. Attorney Sufen Hilf, who is located in Troy, Michigan, is experienced when it comes to these types of issues.

More information is needed. Best thing to do is schedule a consultation with an immigration attonrey in your area who can look at the particular facts of your situation and make a determination as to whether your green card can be renewed even if you have a misdemeanor.

DISCLAIMER This answer is provided for educational purposes only. By using or participating in this site you agree and understand that there is no attorney client privilege between you and the attorney responding. This site cannot be used as a substitute for competent legal advice from a licensed attorney that practices law in the State where this offense is charged; and, who has experience in the area of law you are asking questions about and with whom you would have an attorney client relationship. The law changes frequently and varies from jurisdiction to jurisdiction. The information and materials provided are general in nature, and may not apply to a specific factual or legal circumstance described in the question, or in the State where this charge is filed. I am an attorney licensed to practice in the State of New Jersey. Consult a local attorney if your case arises outside the State of New Jersey. If you found this answer to be HELPFUL then you can vote that this answer was helpful. If you found this answer to be the BEST ANSWER of all those presented, then you can vote that this answer was the best answer presented.

It depends on the exact language of the statute under which the conviction took place.

You need to retain an experienced immigration lawyer to review all the facts, advise you, and handle the case.

J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not constitute legal advice, as not all the facts are known. You should retain an attorney to review all the facts specific to your case in order to receive advise specific to your case. The statement above does not create an attorney/client relationship. Answers on Avvo can only be general ones, as specific answers would require knowledge of all the facts. As such, they may or may not apply to the question.