Can I renew expiring permanent green card if now divorced from US citizen?

Asked over 1 year ago - Brea, CA

I maintain my status but am currently residing outside of US? will there be any problem in renewing my permamnent green card? please help!

1. J Charles Ferrari

1

1

Answered . That depends on how long you have been outside the US and whether you have a reentry permit.

2. Norma Lorenzo

1

Best Answer

Answered . Hi hope that you are well. How long have you been outside of the US? I think the issue is not the divorce but how long you have remained outside of the country and weather they will consider your greencard to have been abandoned. Good Luck and best regards.

3. Irene Vaisman

Pro

1

Answered . I agree

This is not legal advice and a client attorney relationship is not created. For a free consultation call (718)234-5588.