Can I renew my greencard if I owe money to the IRS?

Asked about 4 years ago - Dallas, TX

I've been a resident and I need to renew my greencard

Attorney answers (2)

  1. Isaul Verdin

    Contributor Level 16

    Answered . I would concur with the previous answer. You will be able to renew your residency. However, before you file for your naturalization, you should set up a payment plan for your past due taxes.

    Best of luck.

    Verdin Law Firm, LLC
    Dallas, TX

  2. Ekaette Patty-Anne Eddings

    Contributor Level 20

    Answered . You can renew your green card, you will not be able to apply for citizenship.

    It is wise to make arrangement to pay monthly.

    You are welcome to use the link provided below.


Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

26,939 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

26,939 answers this week

3,298 attorneys answering