Can i remarry while my waiver for conditional green card is in process?

Asked over 1 year ago - Taylor, MI

I got divorced after a short term marriage, I got extention for a year but applied for waiver. If I marry another guy will it adversely effect my immigration? My would be husband is a citizen too.i came to US on green card and marriage lasted for a year.a year took for divorce process and got divorced this jan. no kids

Attorney answers (5)

  1. 17

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can.

    Please click the link at the very bottom for additional information.

    Carl Shusterman, Esq.
    Former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82)
    Board Certified Immigration Attorney (1986 - Present)
    Schedule a Legal Consultation - Telephonic, Skype or In-Person
    600 Wilshire Blvd., Suite 1550
    Los Angeles, CA 90017
    (213) 394-4554 x0
    Web: (English) (Spanish)

    (213) 394-4554 x0 Mr. Shusterman is a former INS Trial Attorney (1976-82) with over 35 years of immigration... more
  2. 6

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes, you can. Go ahead and remarry and be happy. Your new marriage will NOT affect the outcome of your pending I-751 waiver case.

    Behar Intl. Counsel 619.234.5962 Kindly be advised that the answer above is only general in nature cannot be... more
  3. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . I agree with my esteemed colleagues.

    This information is provided as a courtesy based upon the limited information provided in your post and does not... more
  4. 4

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes you can get married

  5. 3

    Lawyers agree

    Answered . Yes.

    J Charles Ferrari Eng & Nishimura 213.622.2255 The statement above is general in nature and does not... more

Related Topics


Divorce is the process of formally ending a marriage. Divorces may be jointly agreed upon, resolved by negotiation, or decided in court.

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask a Lawyer

Get free answers from experienced attorneys.


Ask now

33,728 answers this week

3,715 attorneys answering

Ask a Lawyer

Get answers from top-rated lawyers.

  • It's FREE
  • It's easy
  • It's anonymous

33,728 answers this week

3,715 attorneys answering