Can I remain in the US while my 485 is pending?

Asked about 2 years ago - Folsom, CA

I have a multiple entry tourist visa. I have been married to a US citizen for one year. I have submitted an I-485. My current I94 will expire before a decision is reached on my I-485. Can I remain in the US until a decision is reached? Can I travel, fly, within the US during this time since my original I94 was submitted with my I-485?

1. Susan A. Glover

1

Best Answer

Answered . You can remain in the US while your I-485 is pending. You can travel within the US while waiting for the I-485 to be processed if you have a valid passport or a state issued id.

2. J Charles Ferrari

Answered . Yes, you can remain in the US. You cannot travel abroad without an advance parole.

3. Isaul Verdin

Answered . Yes. You can remain in the US while your I-485 is pending.