Can I reject, argue against Lawyer recover Attorney Fees on the ground that the B.B.B. complaint was filed, but Party careless?

Orlando, FL |

If a Plaintiff complaint against a Party through Better Business Bureau, but the Party took it for joke, did not serious about prior before Plaintiff file case in court against that Party, can the Plaintiff argued that in court, that the Party careless, negligent, refused to settle matter lead Plaintiff to seem relief in court on the ground that Plaintiff believe wronged him?

The BBB is a totally amateur and voluntary organization and no inference can be taken from refusing to participate in any BBB inquiry or proceeding.

The above is general legal and business analysis. It is not "legal advice" but analysis, and different lawyers may analyse this matter differently, especially if there are additional facts not reflected in the question. I am not your attorney until retained by a written retainer agreement signed by both of us. I am only licensed in California. See also terms and conditions item 9, incorporated as if it was reprinted here.

None of that has anything to do with recovery of attorney fees.

I am an Attorney-at-Law, licensed to practice law only in the state of California. Unless we have both signed a formal retainer agreement, you are not my client, and my discussion of issues does not constitute legal advice. Opinions expressed herein are those of the author, and do not necessarily represent the opinions of those who hold other opinions.

There are specific pleadings your attorney can file in an effort to obtain attorney's fees and costs on top of any eventual jury award. Other than that, unless there is a contract between you and the defendant that states the prevailing party is entitled to attorney's fees, the damages in most civil actions in Florida include attorney's fees and costs as part of the total award and will then be deducted pursuant to the Retainer Agreement you signed when you retained your attorney. Good Luck!

Recommended articles about Personal injury