Can I reinstate my workers comp after missing dr. appointments? Also, Can i get back pay from what i've missed?

Asked 4 months ago - Conway, AR

I hurt my knee at work on 9/13/13 which resulted in me tearing my ACL and Lateral meniscus. I had surgery on 10/21/13. On Jan 30 th I missed a doctors appointment and I lost my benefits.

1. James M. Clancy

Pro

4

Answered . Arkansas statutory scheme is similar to New Jersey's. More than likely your benefits stopped because you did not have an out of work note beyond the January 30 missed appointment. If the insurance company does not have a current note from a physician keeping you out of work they will not pay benefits. Contact a local attorney ASAP.

2. James Bradley Mogul

3

Answered . The only way for you to try to restore your benefits is to get a WC lawyer in Arkansas to help you. You can get a free consultation, so it won't cost you anything. In the future, don't miss any appointment.

3. John M Connell

Pro

Answered . Each state is different, however in many states if there is a missed appt the benefits can be reinstated once the injured worker goes to the follow up appt. You will need to talk to your adjuster and ask how you get benefits reinstated. If they give you the expected run around or say you cant, contact a workers compensation atty.. Dont wait too long to do this.