Can I reinstate my workers comp after missing dr. appointments? Also, Can i get back pay from what i've missed?

Conway, AR |

I hurt my knee at work on 9/13/13 which resulted in me tearing my ACL and Lateral meniscus. I had surgery on 10/21/13. On Jan 30 th I missed a doctors appointment and I lost my benefits.

1. Arkansas statutory scheme is similar to New Jersey's. More than likely your benefits stopped because you did not have an out of work note beyond the January 30 missed appointment. If the insurance company does not have a current note from a physician keeping you out of work they will not pay benefits. Contact a local attorney ASAP.

My answers are for general information only. They are not legal advice. I provide legal advice during the course of an attorney-client relationship only. The exchange of information through this forum does not establish such a relationship. That relationship is established only by personal and direct consultation with me followed by the execution of a written attorney-client agreement signed by each of us. All legal proceedings involve deadlines and time limiting statutes. So that legal rights are not lost for failure to timely take appropriate action and because I do not provide legal advice in answer to any question, if you are an interested party you should promptly and personally consult with an attorney for legal advice.

2. The only way for you to try to restore your benefits is to get a WC lawyer in Arkansas to help you. You can get a free consultation, so it won't cost you anything. In the future, don't miss any appointment.

3. Each state is different, however in many states if there is a missed appt the benefits can be reinstated once the injured worker goes to the follow up appt. You will need to talk to your adjuster and ask how you get benefits reinstated. If they give you the expected run around or say you cant, contact a workers compensation atty.. Dont wait too long to do this.

If this information has been helpful, please indicate by providing feedback that the answer was either "helpful" or "best answer" as appropriate. Legal Disclaimer: Mr. Connell is a Colorado attorney licensed in only that state. The response herein is not legal advice and does not create an attorney/client relationship. The response is in the form of legal education and is intended to provide general information about the matter within the question.