Can I refuse visitation to non-custodial parent if they refuse to give contact information for their babysitter?

Asked 10 months ago - Joliet, IL

My child's mother is the non-custodial parent. She currently lives with another family, and the woman whom she lives with currently provides all babysitting while his mom is at work. My son's mother is moving in with her boyfriend this weekend, and he will be the person now responsible for babysitting while she works. She refuses to give me his contact information. Can I legally not send him until she provides the info?

The Parenting Agreement states " Both parties shall inform each other as to where the minor child will be and who is providing any daycare services for her while the minor child is in their physical care. Each party shall forward to the other the name of the provider, their phone number, and the location as to where the child will be staying. Additionally, each party shall specifically notify the care provider that either of the minor child's parents have a right to contact the provider and get any information regarding the minor child."

1. Wes Cowell

5

1

Answered . What you really need to do is go back to court to clean up your parenting orders. Why is the child being left with Mom's boyfriend while Mom works? Why isn't the child left with you?

So, you need to go back to court to fix your agreement. You should work with an attorney to do this -- you should not try to do this on your own. I suspect that you did not have an attorney when the agreement was created. These types of problems usually manifest themselves in agreements where the parties represented themselves. An experienced attorney probably would have anticipated this conflict and crafted an agreement that would dictate a resolution if not avoid the problem altogether.

The same way this problem sprouted and developed in your current agreement; the seeds of new, unforeseen problems likely will be sown and watered in your new agreement if you avoid an attorney's assistance. Do everyone -- including yourself -- a favor: work with an attorney.

2. Joseph Pierce O'Brien

5

1

Answered . You can't do anything which would violate a court order. You should go back to court and get all these issues cleaned up the right way. To do that, hire an attorney.

3. Gary L. Schlesinger

5

1

Answered . if you are not given the contact info for the sitter, you could refuse the visit but that is risky. but it makes certain the child is safe.

you could do a petition to terminate the visits for refusal to give the contact info. that will result in the judge ordering the contact info.

you could do a petition for contempt for failure to give the contact info. that will result in the judge ordering the contact info.