Can I refuse to pay a dentist bill wish work was not finished because I change the dentist. What can I do?

Asked about 1 year ago - Miami, FL

A crown that I have in the frontal tooth broke and the dentist reduce the next good tooth to put a bridge she left a temporal on and then I decide to change the dentist because I was scare what she will do to me. I paid in advance $ 300.00 , now she send me a bill like if she did the work on me.

1. C. Donald Briggs III

Pro

8

Answered . You can refuse to pay but she may sue you for any money you owe her. It is not clear to me what you are being billed for: the work already performed or the work she was going to perform. If she specially ordered a crown or any other device for you, you may have to pay for that as well.

2. Jesus Novo III

6

Answered . You can refuse but, it's not a good idea. You could be sued or be sent to collection.

3. David Ian Schoen

Pro

4

Answered . It depends. More info is needed.

4. Clifford M. Miller

Pro

Answered . You owe her for the value of the work she did. If you agreed to pay her for certain work, and you fired her for no good reason while she was doing the work, you owe her damages for breaching your contract with her; perhaps the entire contract price.